Has anyone used RECAR for car hire - affiliate

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
elroble

Has anyone used RECAR for car hire - affiliate

Post by elroble »

Has anyone used this company on an affilliate basis?

We put car hires through to them this Summer. However we have not been paid the commision! Lots of promises but no money.

This morning we recieved this:-

As mentioned earlier, we are trying everything in our power to apply a normal business situation. Unfortunately this is a very slow process. As you know, these are hard times.
Management has decided to intensify their marketing campaigns, you will surley hear from this in the next few days. We are expecting the results step by step until the end of this month. I cannot tell you when exactly you can count on the transaction yet.
Mustbemad

Has anyone used RECAR for hire car affiliate?

Post by Mustbemad »

I wouldn't use them full stop.

Just being nosey, I put in my next trip dates and times and this company comes out at 67.51 euro for a Peugeot Partner van compared with Hispacar charging 38.20!

You do have to pay a very small deposit on booking but they always honour this if you need to change booking. Cars supplied by Auriga Crown and we pay Crown on collection - not Hispacar in advance.....

You are certainly not doing your clients any favours recommending these people. I'm amazed there were any bookings at all to be paid commission for.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Instead of an affiliate scheme why not offer to book a car for your guests? You get the best quote, book eveything in their name, send them the voucher and charge the guest a small booking fee, say £10/€10 with their final balance? Many of the online agents don't need a deposit to be paid.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Elroble I dont use an affiliate scheme but I know others do. I just point them towards Carjet.
Just being nosey, I put in my next trip dates and times and this company comes out at 67.51 euro for a Peugeot Partner van compared with Hispacar charging 38.20!
Hi Floroana :) I always use Carjet, Ive tried others but they always seem more reasonable and reliable....
I dont pay anything until I get to the airport......which is handy.
But Hispacar do seem reasonable, and its always good to try others out..
do you have to pay for a tank of petrol with them?? as you do with Carjet....that would make a big difference to whether I try them or not.
Thanks.... Rosx
Mustbemad

Post by Mustbemad »

Big Sis

It is not the broker - (Carjet, Hispacar, Bravo etc) - that charges for fuel, its the car hire company, i.e. Auriga Crown, Goldcar etc. etc.

I used Carjet originally, then discovered Bravo were offering better prices and a small discount, more if I passed on a client but then on a regular sweep to check prices, Hispacar came up cheaper and although I didn't like the idea of paying a deposit initially, its so small and they do transfer it if you want to change vehicles between booking and going. Also the people at Hispacar are nice.

I think you will find that most of the mid range car hire people, offering decent insurance and no hidden extras, have a similar policy with regard to fuel, full/full for up to 3/4 days and full/empty for any longer. The big boys like Avis might not but then who can afford to hire them? Or the cheapo ones with hidden extras and poor insurance cover - not worth it!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

It is not the broker - (Carjet, Hispacar, Bravo etc) - that charges for fuel, its the car hire company, i.e. Auriga Crown, Goldcar etc. etc.
I knew that!! as usual I didnt make myself clear. What I should have said was do you have to pay for a full tank of fuel on top because as you say all the ones Carjet use do now.[some didnt before]it could make quite a difference if just staying for a short while.
I will check Bravo for prices thanks. :wink:
Be wary of some car hire that appear cheaper my daughter booked on and they charge a late key pick up fee because her flight was delayed :roll: .