I'll show you mine as you've shown me yours!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Many small changes - B I G improvement :D
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Ju

Post by Ju »

I agree, a huge improvement.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

African proverb:
It takes a village to raise a child.
My first front page was universally disliked, the replacement was liked and disliked in equal measures (Diana didn't like it either), so thought that I must be on the right track. Have changed the picture for a longer shot, darkened the font ...

Please ignore if you're sick of this ... but I find all your comments extremely helpful.

www.rosieregites.com

Jim
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Yup! Great Jimbo - just one thing though, can you straighten the pool image a little - if you look at the covered area at the far end, directly in front of the lens, it tilts to the left.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Nope, prefer the other pool shot by quite a long chalk....
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

:lol:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Actually, I do too RR, as long as it's not distorted ...
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

JIm, fantastic, I love the pool shot.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

but I find all your comments extremely helpful.
Well I think the pool photos a lot better Jimbo :wink:
You know what they say you can please, all of the people some of the time and all that,
but as long as you please me GG and Diana[in that order of course :wink: ] I think you will be on a winner teehee:D
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

I liked them both, however this one shows the pool area and doesn't give the impression of being just a pool for the enjoyment of children, one can see adults enjoying themselves away from the children.

I still can't read the print.

I want to give you an award: :lol:

The no toilet photo award, hooray.

Folks, here's an example of a top class property where the owner doesn't find the need to show you where you take a pee, shower or brush your teeth, and at no point did I feel the need to see one, nor do I think that guests will feel the need to see it before booking.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

can you straighten the pool image
GG, done, but it's still a little curved at the top edge (extreme wide angle pointing down, always a problem).
prefer the other pool shot by quite a long chalk
RR, I do, too, but I'm coming round to thinking that the new one is perhaps a better all-round choice.
I still can't read the print.
Chianti, I've made the font darker, bolder, bigger and changed the colour? Specsavers for you girl!

www.rosieregites.com

Jim
Last edited by Jimbo on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enid

Post by enid »

I like both the pool shots - I just don't think the home page is rightfor them - I love this lay out but for me there is a clash between the pool shot and the other photos. I think this pool photo shows what a great place this is for children but if you have a range of guests throughout the season like us i.e. couples, groups without children and families I think that the home page should appeal to all.

Of course this is all a personal thing but for me the pool shots on another page would be better.

I love this lay out though and this second pool shop isn't distorted like the first one.
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Enid
I agee, however if Jimbo makes the other photos enlarge then everyone can see what a wonderful location it is too. A major part of the holiday is the pool, as is the cost. I think it works.

Jimbo
I already wear specs and not from Specsavers, not my sort of place. The green runs together, what's wrong with black? Remember if people can't read it quickly & easily then they won't bother.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
enid

Post by enid »

A major part of the holiday is the pool,
Granted - so a lovely pool shot would work for me!! Nuff sed from me on that subject however!! - it's just my opinion and I like this site very much.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I think you have a very good point Enid - Jimbo, what about choosing another subject for the main image and have the pool shot one of the smaller images to the right on the home page?

Chianti, the text on your own website is grey, which looks very pretty and reads well. Why suggest black? Sorry to those who use it but I loathe it on websites! It's too "in your face", and the eye goes straight to it instead of to the images. These are what sell the property most and the text is merely supporting them.