hot hot hot...

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
tansy

hot hot hot...

Post by tansy »

It is so hot here...even the tarmac is melting - I see from the forecast it's set to stay a week as well...what is it like in your neck of the woods? we're 83 degrees in shade (American therometer) it's 6 p.m.....whew!!

Hammock between the 2 plane trees came into it's own today - slight breeze...it was a pleasant way to recover from our Fete de Music which went on until 4.30 a.m. this morning....the washing can wait!!
enid

Post by enid »

It was very very hot yesterday - the MG coming into it's own in the evening when we drove to a street music festival. This morning overcast and although warm was more comfortable - a guided tour of the town of Marmande - jour du patrimoine - then lunch out and back here for a lazy afternoon by the pool ( the sun having come out again with a vengeance by then). Our gites aren't booked this week so we are playing holiday makers!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

It was amazing yesterday-in the deep shade of the terrace it got to 41ºC .wow!It was so hot I didn't go for a swim as it meant leaving the cool of the house to face the onslaught of the heat to get to the pool!! Mid 20's today and couldn't be bothered to go for a swim! There's no pleasing some people!! :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
tansy

Post by tansy »

Much better here today...is it cooler for you guys?
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

It was this am, but the cloud is begining to lift and the temperature is rising again!

C-A
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
enid

Post by enid »

Same here - an overcast and slightly cooler morning and then the sun breaks through and it's hot!!! It's hot in the UK too - a shame but since we moved to the SW of France three years ago the weather in the Uk has got better!!! I had to iron bedding today - I am on my third lot of ironing just trying to get a clean set after my mucky guests - keep half ironing something only to find another mark and then have to start again. had two fans going at me at once to keep me cool!!!
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

For once I must envy all of you, though 40C is not my cup of tea.
The temp. down south has been stuck around 30 for about 4 weeks now, so no one's complaining! It is still early though, and officially, Summer starts tomorrow!
Malta – always in the sunshine!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

since we moved to the SW of France three years ago the weather in the Uk has got better!!!
That's global warming for you, I guess!

Last week was unseasonably warm -- but nothing near 40! More like 30. Same as John -- no complaints here!
Brooke
Soberano

Post by Soberano »

The best we have managed is 48 degrees, we are on the edge of Cordoba. I am having to tile the pool at night, my fault, to bone idle to get it finished before the heat hit us. Half past midnight, it is still over 30 degrees. Saves on the washing, we never wear anything. :lol:
Soberano

Post by Soberano »

It is getting even hotter 52 degrees this week and rising. This was taken on my patio a week ago.

alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Don't human beings die at these levels?
Best,
Alexia.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

The highest I have recorded this year is 42°C but that is in permanent shade. If I left the thermometer in full sun, as you have, it would blow its top.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Your thermometer is in the sun though!!!The temp is measured in the SHADE!!!We've been up to 40 a few times in the last few days(inc today!!!) but if it was in the sun it would explode!!! :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
tansy

Post by tansy »

7 p.m. air temp is 79 F....sorry I've an American gift on the back wall in our what is termed hangar...open barn....it is almost perfect weather here today - not stinking hot like it has been - the sea (and we're talking Channel here) was wonderful today - managed to escape changeovers for half an hour for a quick dip...just got in after a 11 hour day so large glass of Rose wine is screaming at me...drink me drink me....toodle loo! :lol:
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

For the record ... it is hot in London as well - that means approaching 30C here.

Though I must say, it just doesn't have the same ring and feeling to it you guys have down in France. :cry:
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com