is it true - no water?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Tansy,
piping that led up to a tap...all round the roots of the vines - if that wasn't for water what was it for?...
But what were the grapes being produced for? Grapes for the table? Grapes for grapejuice? Grapes for industrial alcohol? Grapes for eau-de-vie?

The rules about irrigation are in place and are strictly enforced!

It is always possible that the rules of an individual classification of Vin de Table, Vin de Pays, VDQS or AOC permit irrigation but I don't know of any.

Open cheating as you describe, if cheating it was, does not go unnoticed or unpunished and the penalties are severe.

Regards

Alan
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

In London today the mayor Ken Livingston is suggesting to only pull the toilet flush "if absolutely necessary" :roll: Phew!!!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Ahh yes, I remember that very well -- had to live that way during the droughts in Southern California that ended in the early 90's. I even got punished (mildly) for frivolous flushing once or twice!

Strangely, what everyone else found most inconvenient was having to take shallow baths instead of showers.
Brooke
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

[

Strangely, what everyone else found most inconvenient was having to take shallow baths instead of showers.[/quote]

Oooh,yes, this is weird! I thought taking a shower was the most economic use of water?Well,apart from being pongy that is :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I think showers are more efficient now with the new lower-flow showerheads on the market, but when I was a kid, a 10-minute shower used quite a bit more water than filling the bathtub even 2/3 full. Apparently showers account for about 30% of household water use. I'm not sure how much toilet flushing accounts for! :)
Brooke
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Thankyou for that.Loos use a lot of water too.I always use the dehumidifier water now to put on the plants and throw the washing up water on the roses ( even with a dishwasher it's amazing how much washing up there seems to be!). :?

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

We really dont have these problems right now in Provence. Reading this I am feeling a bit guilty about having our caretakers water the garden each night. Though I must say just two weeks ago we had to reverse the pool filter and get water out it the rain came down so heavy for a few days???

But I will say that the Pool is now a glorious 30C ... how good is that :D
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oh,you lucky people being able to water the garden each night!We sowed grass seed in April,in May it sprang up and looked beautiful but-yep,you guessed-because we're not allowed to water some of it has died back! :cry:
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Our pool was 28º yesterday,and yes, it is glorious!! I think it may have gone down a bit by tomorrow 'cos it was only 25º in the shade today ,a good 10º less than it has been for the last couple of weeks. At least we've had some rain though so the lawn may revive yet!!! every cloud has a silver lining!! :wink: