bed configuration

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
brendan

bed configuration

Post by brendan »

I have almost definitely, probably, maybe, most likely, decided to go for holiday rentals this year. It's a 3 bedroom villa - what's the best bed configuration - 2 doubles and a twin or 1 double and 2 twins.
I'm in Spain and pretty much starting from scratch with the furnishings so all advice most welcome.
Cheers
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

We're just starting out too, and two of the doubles/kings in our house are the sort that separate to twins....that may be the most flexible option to go for...... although I havn't investigated how practical it is to separate the beds.......
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
Marks

Post by Marks »

If it were me I would go for 1 double and 2 twin rooms.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
brendan

Post by brendan »

In an ideal world I'd go for the doubles that split but they're ridiculously expensive so I have to go for one or the other. I did see a gizmo that you attach to convert two singles to a double but can't for the life of me find it again.....any ideas?
goosie

Post by goosie »

Brendan I think it depends on who you think your market is (or want it to be!). One double and two twins are more likely to attract a family with older children. Two doubles and one twin are more likely to attract two families with small children.
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

OK, I'd better take a better look at these beds that came with the house then!

I've seen that gizmo thing somewhere too, no idea where though......:shock:
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
Mamacats

Post by Mamacats »

The “bed bridge” is what it is called and can be found at http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... u=12184352

I guess one thing that would need to be considered if using this would be where will you find pre-made sheets large enough for the bed? Another thing to consider is if the bedroom is large enough for two twins…………
We have a small bedroom and two twins would be impossible for us.

Hope the link helps and congrats on your new adventure!
Sincerely, Mamacats
Thimble collector and Ragdoll breeder
brendan

Post by brendan »

The bed bridge link is for the USA and I know from bitter experience that the Spanish customs do not take kindly to anything being brought in from the US.
I finally found a UK supplier. They are

www.scottsofstow.co.uk
product code 1065805
twin bed doubler at 26.95 UK pounds
brenda

Post by brenda »

Don't know where abouts in Spain you are, but Dunnes stores have extra King Sized sheets that work with 2 joined Twin Beds.