Does anybody out there expect to be getting enquires now?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Fraise,

Joan and I live on-site and personally do all the work involved on hand-over days. We also do all the laundry, gardening and looking after the pool. Anything I say here is a product of that situation.

A wipe down with a damp cloth is all that is needed for the recliner mattresses. If you don't put it on the cleaner's list of tasks then it will not be done.

Regards

Alan
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

No,that's why I'm reluctant to provide them! This year I've done all the inside stuff but next season I am handing it over to someone else! I already spend 6 hours cleaning the one house(just 3 bedrooms)and I expect her to do the same.I can't give her any more jobs! I think that no cushions are better than oily/grubby cushions.The house is immaculate-like yours and lots of others no doubt but grubby cushions will let it down! :cry:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
tansy

Post by tansy »

Fraise - I found some towels that are the size of sun loungers - they have a flap at the top to pop over the top of the sun bed...I leave these with the beach towels and ask all my guests to pop them through the washer for the next guests...it's the only thing that I can 100% rely on will be done each week...nowt queer as....
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Now they sound like an excellent idea- can you remember where you bought them?
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Just had a thought- we could have posted on the "towels" thread!! :D :D :wink:

I'm sorry if anyone reading this doesn't know whether I'm bonkers or not,it's just that we were a bit excited when that thread got to 10 pages,now it's 11. I said earlier I didn't get out much :shock: :lol:
tansy

Post by tansy »

Michegan...but I think I saw them as well in Auchon or Le Clerc...certainly well under 10 Euros...I don't do the matteress - just the towelling cover - 2nd season of using them and they look fine...couple faded from being left outside.

Hope that helps
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I didn't know such a thing existed but now that I do,I'll look out for them.Thankyou :wink:
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

We use the same towels as Tansy - bought them a couple of years ago at Leclerc. You could actually make them yourself if you can sew:rectangle of towelling, same length as sunbed plus 8" turnover at top, hemmed each side(same width as sunbed) and at bottom.Or: Turn over the 8" at top & then sew 1" ribbon all around, doubling it to form finished edge. If you don't know what I mean you probably shouldn't try to do it.... but it's easier than smocking!
Did anyone else ever do smocking at the RSN at Kensington?? It beats creating a web site!
Best,
Alexia.
tansy

Post by tansy »

Alexia

did you get my pm?

tansy
paolo

Post by paolo »

Looks like the towels thread is propagating itself. We have created a monster.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Tansy,
No, I didn't - I've just checked my message box and there's nothing from you in it.
Try again?
Best,
Alexia.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi

Going back to the original thread...enquiries have really slowed down now. We have had a good run for the Summer months, but nothing for Winter.

We want to target golfers for the Winter months (Nov-Feb) anyone have any ideas on how to get them interested? We have paid extra to be listed on the golf page at Ownersdirect and I did look into placing an ad in one of the golf magazines....but when I found out the prices (per month) I was horrified!

Any ideas gratefully received.
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

We tried an ad in Golf Monthly a couple of years ago - nothing! We had a couple of groups of golfers last year through Villarenters.com, but I don't know the best way of attracting them.

Chalky
Chalky

Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Thanks Chalky...feel a little better after hearing that you'd advertised with a golf magazine without any returns! (If you know what I mean).
paolo

Post by paolo »

Crystal wrote:We want to target golfers for the Winter months (Nov-Feb) anyone have any ideas on how to get them interested?
Google AdWords may be worth a go. You could target searches on Google for golfing phrases that include your location, from name of country down to name of golf course. Limit your spend to £1 per day and you will get an idea of how many clicks you are getting without breaking the bank.
Paolo
Lay My Hat