Wonder box

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Nessie

Wonder box

Post by Nessie »

Has anybody had any dealing with them or be approached by them
Nessie
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

No is the short answer :lol: . Never heard of them, Nessie, and haven't been approached. What sort of an approach have you had? Is it for advertising?
pete

Post by pete »

We have been contacted a while ago, did post and found some news stories (thanks BS)

They wanted to pay too little for us to do bb and evening meal, but have persisted in calling and have persuaded me that I might consider just bb, they are offering 49 euros, they wanted to pay 63 for a meal as well which we said said no to.

They are calling here to speak personally to us on tuesday, will update you if you want, and I will try to find the link.

They are a company like the red letter day thing that went bust last year or so in the UK.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

and I will try to find the link
viewtopic.php?p=120052&highlight=#120052
and this is the one I found Pete :wink:

http://www.optaros.com/clients/wonderbox
pete

Post by pete »

and I was still looking !!!! :oops:

mrsp (lost pete to uk again, but he got there okay this time !)
La Chouette

Wonderbox

Post by La Chouette »

We've been pestered a few times by Smartbox, which is the same sort of thing - they have a flashy catalogue and people buy a 'gift voucher' for a stay at your place. You of course receive less than your going rate!

We too have said no.

Jan
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Pete , well i have been talked into to seeing the women tomorrow, i agree 63 euros is to cheap for us with evening meal, but maybe if i can block out months it would not be so bad , if i could get out of season bookings that really what i am after. The bed and breakfast side at 49 does not sound to bad though. She did say that i dont have to accept the bookings. But as i understand it i would not go into the brochure only on the internet
Nessie
pete

Post by pete »

When we refused the 63 euros, she kept on that we could do a cheaper meal, we argued back that we would not comprimise our quality - and what if someone else was here ?

That was when she offered bb only for 49, this is okay for us as our rose room is 50 and if the others are not taken we use them first.

The thought that someone has paid 89 euros for the room is the bit that is causing the problem.

mrsp
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

pete wrote: The thought that someone has paid 89 euros for the room is the bit that is causing the problem.

mrsp
I think for just the bed and breakfast they pay 69 euro.We did buy my brother in law one of these boxes for christmas once , a racing morning or the like and yes we could have done it cheaper, but as its a gift maybe that does not matter so much, as it not the person that is staying who will be paying the higher price.

I see what she has to say later today
Nessie
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

pete wrote:When we refused the 63 euros, she kept on that we could do a cheaper meal, we argued back that we would not comprimise our quality - and what if someone else was here ?

mrsp
I agree 100% here i have alreay said what could i do with 8 euros for 2 people and to include wine
Nessie