license again

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

[/quote]

Not wishing to add to your miseries voltaire, but I've just had a look at your website and don't think you have a French version. Don't forget that's illegal here - you must have a version in French too.[/quote]

Really? I have never been told that by anyone! We have our website in French, but I didn't know that we had to have it like that. Where do you find out a list of all these rules? Someone should write a book!!
Caroline.

Camargue Birding &

www.lestroispuitscongenies.com
La Chouette

Post by La Chouette »

Caroline wrote: Where do you find out a list of all these rules? Someone should write a book!!
If only I knew......

I must say that after a few years of living here you seem to pick them up by osmosis! We have regular events organised by our local tourist office, we belong to GdF and so receive a local and national newsletter with information, and have recently subscribed to Accueillir magazine which has been most use of all at discussing new bits of legislation etc. I think it was there that I saw a report about the authorities taking action against a gite owner in our region who'd failed to have a French website. The proceedings didn't get far however as they owners shut up shop apparently.

Forums are useful too!! :wink:

Jan
voltaire

more on drinks licence

Post by voltaire »

Thanks for your quick replies

I will go and see if I can get the 'easy' licence this week before the deadline - any ideas what documentation I need to take with me ?

As to the website in English only - sounds a bit OTT for it to be illegal, but I will put a translation up, the current one was just a tryout really as I am not actually open yet. Amazingly I have had quite a few enquiries and actual bookings already though !
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

why should it be Over the Top to be illegal if no French website YOU ARE IN FRANCE...of course you should have your website in French even more necessary this year when there are very few Brit enquiries surely......we were inspected a couple of years ago for a check that all our bills, tarifs, invoices, guest instructions etc were in French first, English second.......you'd think it very off if looking for a B&B in the UK if the website was only in French/German for example.... & I bet you wouldn't stay there...
voltaire

illegal websites

Post by voltaire »

Give us a break, I agree that it should be in French, and it will be, I just haven't done it yet, plus I'm not actually open for business for a while. I just thought that for it to be ILLEGAL is a bit over the top, and somewhat pointless in truth.
La Chouette

Re: illegal websites

Post by La Chouette »

voltaire wrote:Give us a break, I agree that it should be in French, and it will be, I just haven't done it yet, plus I'm not actually open for business for a while.
I didn't mean to start a row here when I pointed this out. There seem to be a 1001 things to get your head around when setting up a B & B in France, and that's just one of them. We only got to know about them gradually and suspect there's more out there we know nothing about.

Whether people take notice or not is up to them....but you cannot make a decision about things you don't know about.

Bon courage voltaire!

Jan
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

Thanks for the info La Chouette,

I have looked up the magazine on the internet.

[/quote]
Caroline.

Camargue Birding &

www.lestroispuitscongenies.com
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Nessie wrote:Not the case Bruce you need one for any type of drink you serve tea coffee fruit juice even water. Currently in our area we did not have to pay for this, just had to go along and fill the forms in
Yes, I know you need a license to serve even a drop of water. What I meant was the new course is aimed at serving alcohol. So my guess is if you only want to serve tea, coffee, etc you can get the license for that without going on the course.

But I could be wrong!
www.3placedesarbres.com - vegetarian chambres d'hôtes in Limousin, France