Are you getting spring/easter bookings yet?

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
scaliwells

Are you getting spring/easter bookings yet?

Post by scaliwells »

Hi there

We have got a few B&B bookings for this year, but the earliest is for June. I probably know the answer because last year I booked a B&B in the Loire for easter weekend and didn't book it until 10 days before. Am I a typical booker, or do some of you already have bookings for spring/easter?

This is our first spring in the B&B, hence not knowing what to expect :)
www.boussais.com (english version)
www.boussais.webs.com (version francaise)
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We find Easter bookings always come in during the few weeks before. We have 3 short bookings already but hoping more will start to come in soon - the skiing should still be good (assuming it ever actually stops snowing!).
brenda

Post by brenda »

We have 3 nights booked from Easter Sunday in both rooms - from Guests at a local Wedding.

Otherwise no Easter interest at all.
Tocanepauli

Post by Tocanepauli »

We have a booking for 2 nights end of march, but they are coming from the southern hemisphere and they tend to take hols all year round.
But that is the earliest so far

janice
"Strangers are only friends you haven't met yet!"
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

A lot of French people won't book Easter until they have seen the weather forecast for that week, so don't worry!
I've got loads of bookings for April, as usual, I just wish June would fill up a bit, the profit margins are much better :lol:
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

It's July for me, nothing, no gite or B&B bookings! I agree that Easter ones tend to be last minute, or not at all connected to Easter as such, just spring holidays.
Caroline.

Camargue Birding &

www.lestroispuitscongenies.com
scaliwells

Post by scaliwells »

We now have some May bookings and have had 2 french enquiries for April but no bookings from them.
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

scaliwells short anwser from me No

We have had a few booking february and march and i have a booking the end of april , couple for May and nothing for June.
June is always a hard month for us last year we did not get one booking. Then the main start in July. August is looking good the first 2 weeks i could have sold 5 times over. Its always the last week that is hard, we did it last year but it was about the end of july i sold the week, was hoping this year it might have been different as the schools dont go back until september , but so far all the french want are the first 2 weeks
Nessie
scaliwells

Post by scaliwells »

June is very empty for us too. Just 6 nights at mo. July is busy at the beginning and end, but nothing in the middle. August ful till last weekend, but last year we had a few unexpected doorstep arrival at the end of august so maybe again this year.
chrismooney

Post by chrismooney »

easter booked, half term booked, lots of repeat bookings this year, most of july/august booked so well pleased.and i'm sure more to come
chef who will try anything!!
scaliwells

Post by scaliwells »

Since my last post I have got 7 nights for April, but nothing more for the other months. Anybody else doing any better?
pete

Post by pete »

we booked all of easter this year for all our rooms (french and english couples), no-one last year, and scattered bookings throughout the rest of the year, including being full for a long weekend in october :roll:

Dont think that our progress will be seen as a trend as this is only our first full time year and 3 room year,

best wishes to you all

pete
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

Funny weekend here too. I had a cancellation of this Saturday night's booking after a no show on Friday, so was feeling pretty fed up; when at midnight on Saturday, as I went to turn off the computer, a booking came in from an Italian family wanting 6 nights from Sunday! Well the beds were already made up & waiting, so of course I said yes & tonight they are all here tucked up for the night. I have never had such a last minute booking before, without it being a knock on the door! So you win some & you loose some. But I recon that this is going to be the pattern this year. People will wait & see, then just go when they can't wait any longer!
Caroline.

Camargue Birding &

www.lestroispuitscongenies.com
brenda

Post by brenda »

Have finished up with our larger room booked from tomorrow right through to 3rd May and our smaller room booked from tomorrow until 16th April so better than anticipated.

May still dire but June busier than ever before and July fully booked in both rooms from 1st to 29th.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

April got 3 lots of guests..... late bookings.
Just picked up a 2 week May booking [Mays been my worst month]
Junes been booked for ages......