Registering a Chambre d'hote as a micro enterprise.

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
La Chouette

Registering a chambre d'hôte as a micro enterprise

Post by La Chouette »

Dare I ask Caroline...............have you got anywhere with sorting this out?

Jan
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

Hi Jan,

Not yet! We went to the tax office & they gave us a whole load of different forms to fill in to say Francis was retiring & I was running the same business but under the new rules of AE. They said this would be fine & the 71% abatttement would carry on as before. However for reasons I have yet to understand, my business advicer thinks this may not be a good thing. But we have only exchanged one email & not discussed it properly yet. Nothing yet from RSI on the 100,000€!

However my business advicer has, this evening, found me the form to change the name of the business with the CCI on line & I will look at that tomorrow. So that is a positive move forward. (I hope!!)

How about you? Any of your hickups sorted yet?

We have been teaching English all evening & so I'm off to bed now.

Life is great if you don't weaken!

I'll keep you posted,
Caroline
Caroline.

Camargue Birding &

www.lestroispuitscongenies.com
olive

Post by olive »

Caroline, This is a nightmare indeed. Presumably the sum demanded includes interest and heavy penalties.
If it becomes serious (and it may already be) you will need a proper tax lawyer - not just a local accountant. Try to convince the URSSAF of your good faith. If it were a case of "location meublé" I could help you with advice re URSSAF but b&b is not my field.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Caroline, since the different Caisses amalgamated this year it has been impossible to deal with the RSI. You wait on the phone for hours so speak to someone - it is a nightmare.
It is possible to register as a LMP and still get the 71% abattement as a microbic, so I don't know why they said you couldn't. As for the back payments, surely if you can prove your income for that period then you should only pay the 48% of profit required by them. I can't understand why the figure should be so high. I've always managed to get any majorations over turned by the RSI when my late payment was due to them not calculating correctly, good luck in sorting everything out. But I think even if you close a business down, you are still liable for the social charges for many years afterwards.
olive

Post by olive »

"As for the back payments, surely if you can prove your income for that period then you should only pay the 48% of profit required by them"

They may not accept the owner's submitted figures.
They may impose (severe) penalties.
La Chouette

Post by La Chouette »

Caroline wrote: How about you? Any of your hickups sorted yet?
Caroline
We're no nearer..........but I'd be surprised if we were! Received our DCR last week and wonder if I should fill it in anyway, as my chances of seeing any sign of being on the micro social are micro I think!

Our worries pale into insignificance compared with yours.

Bon courage,

Jan
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

Hi Folks,
Thanks for all your support. We have various bits of evidence to support our earnings statement over the last few years apart from our own accounts. I wonder if they would be the kind of thing required though? We have been accessed by Clévacances as 2 keys for the last 5 years so our published prices are in line with that & are published in each years tourist office guide as well as in all our other advertising. If we charged high seasons prices all year & had every room filled every night at our published prices we could still not made half of the 171,000€ they say we earned over 2007. I have no idea where they get these figures from, but they do not appear to include any penalties or surcharges. We have filled in & submited income tax forms every year for the last 5 years, but the RSI seem to have lost the copies of these we have given them!

Anyway we have now filled in another set off forms & sent them of to URSSAF, who are also asking for payments, but much more reasonable ones, so maybe they will start the ball rolling in sorting it all out. At the moment we are just waiting to see what arrives next in the post!!
Caroline.

Camargue Birding &

Caroline

Post by Caroline »

I just thought I'd update anyone interested in this saga, of our progress, as it could have implications for the rest of you who are having to deal with RSI!

Well after 2 trips to the RSI & one to URSSAF I have discovered that the RSI do actually keep a written records of all the documents you hand them! Now why has it had to take 10 months to see that in action??? A very nice woman who saw us yesterday went to a filing cabinate & brought out a written file of all the documents they have received, who the officer was who took them from you & the date! What a find!! Now I now they have the proof that I gave them my tax return forms & my CMU complimentaire forms!! What happened to those forms once the office closed for the day is still a mistery, but at least they are now being symperthetic & agreeing it is their fault that I haven't had any top up health cover for the last 10 months.

We wait to see if they now manage to sort out the cotisation muddle!
Caroline.

Camargue Birding &