new topics

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
tansy

new topics

Post by tansy »

Perhaps have the site more able to post a new topic without it having to go under one of the sub titles?

i.e. start off a new subject without it under a title.?
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hi Tansy,

Thanks for your post. Do you think this would be better because you would not have to look through each category to see new posts? If so, when you log in and get to the main index page of the forum, any categories with posts that you have not seen are marked with a red symbol on the left, as opposed to a white one. It's the symbol that looks like a bell but is supposed to be a sheet of paper.

I agree that right now, with the forum in its infancy, it would be easier to have all posts in one list so you can see everything at a glance. But as there are more topics covered and the number of posts grows, we will be grateful for the organised structure (and newcomers will be too).
Paolo
Lay My Hat
tansy

new topics

Post by tansy »

You are absolutely right - just thought it would be an idea to get more folk to post...I just feel that I'm being a bit of a bucket mouth keeping posting under nearly every sub section!

Hope other will start joing in as I for one feel this forum is great idea and we should all share experiences and what we are thinking - not quite battle lines drawn up between us & them but it would be good if we all sang from the same hymn sheet in handling new legislation, difficult renters etc etc.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Ha!! Bucket mouth - I like that... that must be me too as I think I'm high in the prolific posters league!

I must admit to not looking properly but once I found the "new posts since your last visit" link to the right of the screen I was sorted!! I quite like the catagories as you can pick the relevant ones fairly easily.

I don't know too much about running forums, some seem to have "moderators", they must check out content etc...?? if "Lay my Hat" ever felt the needed for moderators I'd be happy to volunteer my time!
paolo

Post by paolo »

Sue,

I will remind you of that when the time comes! :D
Paolo
Lay My Hat
alexia

Post by alexia »

Paolo,
When I tried to log in, my original user name (alexia s.) wasn't recognised as belonging with my mail address.........?............so I had to join again("alexia" tout court). This is messy - what should I do?
Thx,
Alexia.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hi Alexia,

I've emailed you about this.
Paolo
Lay My Hat