Knee Problem..

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
paolo

Post by paolo »

I am learning a lot from this thread. I have even understood now that there is a Geordie pun in the topic name - 'knee problem'.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Alexia,

My visit to Villeneuve was on a stretcher and I was taken directly to the front door of the cardiac department where I was met by a consultant, a house doctor and two nurses and that was at about 3.00 pm on a Sunday. I never saw the A&E department. All subsequent visits have been with the consultant in his private rooms which are not located in the hospital at all.

Similarly, but not on a stretcher, Joan's initial visit was direct to the cardiac department and subsequently to the private rooms.

Routine appointments are normally made within two or three days and there is little waiting when you keep the appointment. It really is the sort of service which effective health care demands and to which patients should be entitled.

Sue may have noticed a recent report of someone near Hexham who had a heart attack, and died before the ambulance arrived. Why did it not arrive promptly? Because of a new working practice that ambulance crews are entitled to an uninterrupted meal break instead of being on-call during a meal break. He might still be alive if he had had his heart attack in France. Who knows?

Alan
enid

Post by enid »

There must be different experiences in different regions - I have been to casualty twice in this region(not on a stretcher)- both times we waited much less than an hour - the waiting rooms were very small so obviously they don't expect a huge wait - the treatment was quick and the atmosphere calm - we did have a bit of a long stay in the cubicle the second time but that was because we were waiting for the reults of blood tests so that they could give us an immediate diagnosis. I also had tostay a night in hospital - very very quiet - when I was in Leeds last year with my brother the entrance was like a busy market day rather than a hospital.

All that said I think that at the point of care the staff in the UK were excellent - I do believe that medical teams want to do their best wherever you are but like all of us they are often constrained by bureaucracy.

Sue - don't go soldiering on at work too long - if you need to take sick leave you must take it!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Sue & others who might be interested,

An angle on the local Geordie scene for music, etc. can be found on the following website:-

http://www.mawson-wareham.com/index.htm

All usual disclaimers but I admit I was the legal adviser for the company in my former life.

Alan