Setting up phone lines - help!?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
SherborneCottages

Setting up phone lines - help!?

Post by SherborneCottages »

We have three properties we have converted and are just starting to rent out.

Ideally we'd like to have phone lines in each one and I heard somewhere that you can set something up with BT where the occupants can only make local calls and receive incoming. Has anyone heard of this?

Or anything similar would be great. We just don't want people running up huge bills for us!

Also, any ideas for internet would be appreciated!

Apologies if this thread is already up elsewhere, had a good look and couldn't spot it but I am new to the forum so please bear with me!!

Sherborne Cottages & Apartments
www.sherbornecottages.com
info@sherbornecottages.com
01935 810815
Jenroy

Post by Jenroy »

There was a facility called Star Services, which enabled you to subscribe and pay on a quarterly basis providing amongst others the following facilities: -

Call barring on (outgoing) *341 + option number #
(options are 1 = allows 999 and operator, 2 = allows 999 & local, 3 = allows 999 & STD, 4 = bars all operator calls, 5 = bars *, 6 = bars premium adult lines, 7 = bars premium information lines)

Call barring off (outgoing) #341*(PIN code)#

However you will need to check with BT to establish if these are still available.