Name for a UK seaside chalet/cottage

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Nemo

Name for a UK seaside chalet/cottage

Post by Nemo »

I have just realised that the property we have bought has a name but I don't think its particularly suitable.

It is Blickling, which is a National Trust owned stately home nearby. I personally feel that a small 2 bed chalet has delusions of grandeur if it was called that. :?

The chalet (don't much like that word either but hey!)is one of approx 50, set in rough horseshoe shape with a large field (mown grass) in front of it, is about 100 yards from the sea/beach and you can see the horizon from inside the house.

My initial thought was Seascape - but someone elsewhere on the park already has that. So what about Beachscape, Seaview, Beachview or anything else you can think of?
pete

Post by pete »

why dont you stay round the 'blicking', it is a well known house and you could go 'blicking chalet' or cottage or ...it will help people remember,

pete
CSE

Post by CSE »

Personally we would stick with something related to the history of the house or area. The nature of names you have suggested are very popular, thus they do not stand out from the crowd. On the other hand they too can give the feel of the place. Maybe to help us a bit more you can shows us on a map and publish some photos too.
Is in on NT grounds?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.