Progress report............

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Blue Shutters

Progress report............

Post by Blue Shutters »

Our three week intensive refurbishment trip is over, and knowing we would have hiccups (we did, french plumbing, don't you just love it!) we are pleased with what we have achieved, we're pretty much where we wanted to be, with the extra "hiccups" pretty much sorted out.

I have just revisited all the helpful tips given to me in threads here in "Starting Out", and checked that we have managed to incorporate a lot of the great advice given. Some things still to sort out for our May trip, but they are all in the plan. Obviously like everyone we have a work in progress, but hopefully our booked guests will like it too.

I have updated my blog to show the progress, OD ad has new photos and a new HR ad went up today. Just the website to update and hopefully we will target some more shoulder season bookings.

So thank you everyone, and what do you think of it so far?

(and I do feel daft having a user name of blue shutters and a website for White Shutters!! :lol: )
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
Tocanepauli

Post by Tocanepauli »

Not all houses suit blue shutters.
Windows are like eyes and on your gorgeous house if the shutters were painted blue, the house might look like it has too much make- up on, especially with all the lovely greenery on the walls.
I can understand the fascination you have for blue shutters but on seeing the photos of your house, it could be a mistake.

That's just my opinion though (colour is my THING)

You must be very happy with your purchase. it's stunning.

Janice
"Strangers are only friends you haven't met yet!"
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Well Done Blue Shutters, it's a stunning house and all your hard work has paid off. You should be very proud!

I wouldn't mind staying there myself.

Good Luck with the bookings!
enid

Post by enid »

It's looking great!! Well done :D
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

Janice, that's it!! The lovely little gites/cottages with smaller windows suit the bright blue, but you don't see swathes of bright blue shutters very often. Ours are staying as they are for now, but long term I may consider a very pale washed grey/blue.....or just stick to off white.

Thank you all for your kind coments... :lol:
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Yes, even Lectoure Blue might be a bit too much on a house of that size on reflection. So pale duck-egg it is then! :wink:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be