Our 600th member

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
paolo

Our 600th member

Post by paolo »

We have our 600th member, who is....a badger!

Welcome, Badger! Image
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Welcome!

Every time I hear the word "badger" I always think of Eddie Izzard saying "I poked a badger with a spoon!"

My field sometimes has conferences in Tenerife -- if I ever get to go to one, I'll come calling! Your place looks lovely.

Cheers!
Brooke
tansy

Post by tansy »

welcome too...hope you haven't curled up your toes and decided not to post after the little storm.... :lol:

we really are a peaceful lot ...honest!
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Welcome badger, to I think is the most friendly and helpful forum I have ever come across.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
paolo

Post by paolo »

vrooje wrote:Every time I hear the word "badger" I always think of Eddie Izzard saying "I poked a badger with a spoon!"
I know Eddie Izzard says some pretty left-field things, but is there any context with that?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Yes, it's an original sin! :)

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned, I poked a badger with a spoon."

I believe that's when the Vicar tells him to give him 5 bloody marys and 2 hello dollies.

:) Oh, I could go on about Eddie Izzard...
Brooke
paolo

Post by paolo »

:lol:
Now I get it!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Badger

Post by Badger »

Hello everyone - thank you for making me feel so welcome. Badger no connection with Eddie Izzard! I just like them - amiable, ambling along,a bit like me, (husband has added "with the teeth as well") I found this site quite by chance and thought what a good idea it was.
I'm sure I will be contacting you all quite frequently as I now feel inspired to set up my own website. I am semi retired, live on the outskirts of Manchester and consider myself fortunate enough to join the band of people who can spend some time abroad. We chose Tenerife quite by chance, years ago we owned a dog boarding kennels so always had to take our holidays in winter, I wanted sun without flying too far and thats where we went. We now go every winter for a few weeks and rent the apartment out in between times.
One last question - does everyone live in France????
paolo

Post by paolo »

does everyone live in France????
No, I live in Kingston! There are a lot of France-based posters here, but the main tourist destinations are represented too: Italy, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, USA, and the UK of course.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

paolo wrote:
No, I live in Kingston! There are a lot of France-based posters here, but the main tourist destinations are represented too: Italy, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, USA, and the UK of course.
And isn't it nice? Thanks to the Internet and this forum, we can chat to each other as though we lived next door? There are no political or geographical borders here.

Alan
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I am in Northern Italy, and I know there is a very cosmotalitan/global feel to this forum. Fantastic!
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi Badger :)

Sue here, I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne and have a lovely cottage in Northumberland around an hours drive from here.

Welcome to the forum. I was going to ask where your "sett" was before you mentioned it :lol:
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

a very cosmotalitan
Whoops! I'd like to think the typo is because my English has deteriorated since living in Italy. I'm afraid it may have rather more to do with the glass of vino by my side!
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
paolo

Post by paolo »

Yes, that should have read 'cosmotalian'.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hi, Badger, I'm Helen, I live in Durham, and I too have an apartment in France, but mine's a ski apartment.