Help - complete novice in Spain

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Suki

Post by Suki »

Brenda, thank you for those links - I'll check them out.

Gite Guru - thanks, I'll have a look at that.

(I'm having problems with telefonica re, my dial-up internet connection so am not able to access the internet as freely as I would like, hence the slow response to your messages)
lorca

Post by lorca »

Hi Suki

I suggest that for the Spanish market you get someone to help you translate your booking form and terms and conditions into Spanish. Try to just do business via email and have some standard replies ready in Spanish (Hola/yes it is/ no it isn´t available/ price etc etc). We speak passable Spanish but have problems on the phone (we´ve done this for our French clients too - most other nationalities seem to speak some English). We get quite a lot of last minute requests from Spaniards, but they are quite keen on long weekends - and Puentes ( the wonderful Spanish tradition of joining up two public holidays, of which there are many, and taking the days off in between). So think about whether you want do do these.

Not sure what sort of property you have or whereabouts it is (we´re in the Axarquia too - Almáchar and Cútar), but lots of Spaniards like to come back down South for the main Fiesta season to their family´s villages.

Good luck - happy to be of any further help if we can.