The first face to face?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
irishgreen
Location: nr Beziers, France (owner living in Dublin, Ireland)

Post by irishgreen »

Hi Tansy, I know now what you refer to. Les ecluses de Fontserannes just outside Beziers. I have been there a few times first with my parents a few years ago and again recently last year. I had no idea they were called the staircase, but it makes sense as it is quite steep from the first to the last lock.

The pont canal is also impressive as it crosses the river orb and only boats/barges go on it.

I have actually read the region is going to do a facelift to this tourist hotspot (the staircase) as it is the second most visited site of the region after Carcassonne. So region has agreed on huge investment to develop it even more...watch this spot!

My husband tried to manoeuvre (sorry, I am sure this is spelt wrong) a little electric boat you can rent by 1/2 hour or so on the canal. It is quite a good laugh if you want to do something different (you will not be allowed I am sure to get to the staircase with it!!).
enid

Post by enid »

Sorry the ex headteacher in me has to respond to a claim for a spelling mistake - but this time it's a golden star as your spelling was spot on!!
irishgreen
Location: nr Beziers, France (owner living in Dublin, Ireland)

Post by irishgreen »

Thanks Enid! I was probably lucky this once as it was a French word. I am sure you will either see grammer or spelling mistakes in past and future posts from me....! watch out! Kind regards, irishgreen