Car hire for the summer

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Holiday Almeria

Post by Holiday Almeria »

It was on the BBC News on Saturday too, right in the height of the holiday season :roll:. Bit late in my opinion. Haven't been able to find anything on their website though. Can I suuggest hirecarsinspain for Alicante and Murcia airports if you want full/ full? They usually sell out very quickly, but the UK agents are always contactable if you ave a problem.

Mark
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel ... 793845.ece

''Recession makes car hire a pain in Spain''
lorca

Post by lorca »

interesting item on the radio this morning, reporting this and the huge surge in late holiday bookings due to the "disappointing" British summer. People unable to book cars and finding it difficult to get the late avialablity accomodation deals they were hoping for. Perhaps it bodes well for us - maybe people won´t take the risk next year and will book early (despite la crisis and whatever the met office predicts for the UK)
Jacqueline

Post by Jacqueline »

lorca wrote:interesting item on the radio this morning, reporting this and the huge surge in late holiday bookings due to the "disappointing" British summer. People unable to book cars and finding it difficult to get the late avialablity accomodation deals they were hoping for. Perhaps it bodes well for us - maybe people won´t take the risk next year and will book early (despite la crisis and whatever the met office predicts for the UK)
Heres hoping
Jacqueline
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8200087.stm

Apex has posted this on another thread.....thanks Apex!!
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

For the first time since we joined Holiday Lettings just over 2 weeks ago, we've got only 1 hit today :( Anyone else notice things quiet? Was wondering if it's cos of car hire negative publicity?
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
Holiday Almeria

Things don't seem to be much better for the winter. I booked a car last night for 8 days in January at under €120. I came home today to an email saying the their supplier can't honour that booking, but they can offer us one at €180!!

Now, I may be being sceptical but... Could it be that now the hire companies have charged the higher prices they think we will be used to them and not lower them again?

Mark
Holiday Almeria

A guest has arrived today after flying into Almeria airport and booking car hire. Our keyholders have just told us that there was no car for her at the airport and she had to get a taxi which cost her €80!! That is how much the car hire was going to cost for the 3 days!! Luckily we have nice enough key holders that have offered to take her back to the airport on Tuesday.

Mark