ok i really know the answer , but

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Nessie

ok i really know the answer , but

Post by Nessie »

Ok i really should not been even wasting my time posting this as i know the answer , but at times i am to nice

Had a couple booked a room for thursday night and tonight, they payd the deposit, arrived on the thursday very nice no problem at all left the room spotless on friday. They aere spending Friday at friends who were having a party which the said would go on for some time so i gave them the give for tonght and said the could return when they liked.

Just rung to say that they are not coming back tonight going to stay with friends and they will come back tomorrow morning to returb the key and settle the bill.

should i charge them the full night rate
Nessie
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Duh!
Absolutely!

Even in a hotel the cut-off point is something like 6pm - not 9.30 or whatever it is where you are!

(And I am often too nice, but there is a limit!) :lol:
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

I know :lol: I did think maybe 50% , but i know its should be 100%

Think now i will do the invoice in the morning.

I think my problem is they are an old couple who are visiting their daughter who is local and she cant put them up, so i would think that they would come back as they thought the room was great and good value for money

i know i know maybe the wine talking
Nessie
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

For goodness sake Nessie - go and have a coffee and sober up! :lol: :lol:

Are you running a business or a charity?
pete

Post by pete »

I know how you feel, but if I had posted that question last year, what would you have said ??

Perhaps some coffee and cake when they come back in the morning but 'no let up on the bill'

mrsp
The Moles Mother

Post by The Moles Mother »

Agree with what others have said. If they are decent people they will expect to pay the full rate. After all, they booked the room and they gave you no opportunity to re-let it! I take it their luggage is still in the room?

MM
A vegetarian oasis in the heart of Boeuf Bourguignonne country
http://www.lesbattees.com/
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

French guests arrived back this morning, before i could even say anything they handed me a cheque for the 2 nights booked, we had decided to offer a discount but they would not hear of it.

So have given them a discount on their next booking. You were all right in what you said
Nessie