Next week (18-25 July) is vacant...

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
Tizfata

Next week (18-25 July) is vacant...

Post by Tizfata »

Sorry to bother but... I tried in many different ways to have renters for next week (18/25 July), without success, so far... I still have a vacant 2 bedrooms apartment...
Suggestions?
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I've just taken a booking for next week, from the UK. So don't give up yet!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I'm in the same boat, Tiziana, due to a cancellation. I put up a specific discount offer on VRBO, but so far, no takers.

However, I don't mind that much, as it gives our property managers a chance to do some mid-season maintenance and a deep cleaning that they don't have time to do between changeovers.
Brooke
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Are you on Twitter Tizzy??

Wouldnt hurt to put it on there......I know a couple of people who have had bookings.

if not I wouldnt mind doing it for you, let me know, Rosxx
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I started a thread a few days ago asking if anyone had availability from next week for a week in the sun for some friends Tiziana! I know they love Italy so I'll ask if they are still looking.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Thanks everyone!
@ Kathie: I keep my fingers crossed
@ Ros: I am lousy with Twitter! Anyway, this afternoon I send a message to holidaycrunch (what's going on there?), then I followed your suggetion (well, I think so) so I just put the ad there...
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Just had a peep and it looks fine to me Tisci :D

re holiday Crunch theres been a few probs recently but Garris on the case and sorting it as we speak :)

Take care Rosx
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Thanks Ros!
Wonderful news! :cry: The Swiss bloke supposed to arrive the day before tomorrow, at a reduced price, just wrote me:
"je suis désolé mais je n'ose pas partir sans contrat de suisse.
je renonce donc a la location de l'appartement"
"I am sorry but I do not dare to leave from Switzerland without a contract. So, I give up the rental of the apartment"
After having paid NOTHING (my fault!) and NEVER mentioning a contract before. I just tought it was a waste of money and time to send the money via bank as time was so little. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I am angry with him, with the banks and, mostly with myself :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
And I find myself with not 1 but TWO apartments empty next week. :cry: :cry: :cry:
PS: Sorry, Ros and thanks for making me note!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

It's the first time my friends have looked at going somewhere during school holidays and are shocked at the prices. :roll: So I'm sorry but they won't be your next guests, they said your place was lovely. :D (I know that doesn't help though :( )
Kathy
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Thanks, Katie!
I now advertise the 2 bedroom @500 GBP on HL... I don't really know anymore what is the right price for what. The last 2 days have been confusion hell! Too many things to do on the 2 jobs and not everything turned out perfect...
This morning I spoke to the person managing the cleaning... And he complained there was too much to do... :shock: even with 2 apartments sadly not rented! :cry:
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I'm a bit confused by your site Tiz! You say the pool is shared but you're only showing a 2 bedroom villa so who would they be sharing with? Your original post stated a 2-bed apartment so is it an apartment or a villa? Also you're showing the dates 18th-25th July as booked. :?
Kathy
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

Sorry Katie.
The reason for the confusion is that when I started with the 6 apartments I also started with a site for the 6 apartments. This site began to develop, then I got cought in zillion other things, so I only updated the prices.
In the meantime, I developed Villa Maura's site with iowners.
As you (all) know, it takes a lot to develope a good site. I am still very far from having a medium range site... :roll: LAst week I wrote the guy who set the site up about all the changes I want to make and he wrote back talking about templates! The template is the last thing I am worried about. I now want to work to develope a not-miserable site for the whole thing, adding new pics, a little film, the send-a-friend button, the facebook page, the twitter box... I think now he's scared!
All this writing (sorry I can't be concise) means that I have 6 apartments (1 to 4 beadrooms) and a villa on the same site, all of them sharing the pool. Next week there will be 2 2bedroom apartment available @ the desperate price of 500 GBP.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Thanks Tiz, where is the site for the apartment that you're offering at £500?
Kathy
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/lucca/39011

Having all this mess, I nearly forgot I had a free "late deal" with HL. This is why I just got 2 enquiries (from the same person :cry: ) wanting an apartment that doesn't require a car (mine does), and for the fully booked week 15-22 august :cry:
pambon

Post by pambon »

I know how you feel Tizi, I still have these 2 weeks available too. During all the concerns of the fire yesterday afternoon I did receive an enquiry from OD for next Sunday (26th) for a week though, but she hasn't got back to me :cry:

Oh well, just have to put my (swollen) feet up :lol: