Changeover Day in France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Maisy,
It's the half full/half empty glass, isn't it? I would have thought that an extra day's holiday was gaining, not losing a day! In fact, they are neither gaining nor losing: they are taking that 11th day at a different time, that's all.
Best,
Alexia.
aillis

Post by aillis »

We do a Friday ,Saturday and Sunday change as we do all the cleaning, it doesn't seem to matter which day.Friday is popular as overnight ferry is cheaper on a Thursday than Friday
tansy

Post by tansy »

Ahhhh - but the crafty ferry companies now only count Tuesdays & Wednesdays as midweek - all the other days are weekend...I believe that Wednesdays are now the only mid week day :roll:
it's all a learning curve!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Ferry crossings are not all expensive, it depends what time and which ports you go to. If you use either Portsmouth/Poole to Cherbourg/Caen, coming over on an afternoor crossing (any day) and going back on a morning crossing (any day) I could get my guests a price of about £245 for car incl. passengers on the slow ferry and £345 on the fast ferry. This was with Brittany Ferries in August. It is the night crossings which cost a fortune.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Well, since Wednesdays are now the only mid week day, I can reassure you that Wednesday presents no problems for us as the turnover day.
Best,
Alexia.
7 driver

Changeover days

Post by 7 driver »

I always have negioable days for changeovers and I find that most people will fit in with that, particularly as flights are cheaper mid week.

I manage a number of properties and this means that I can deal with the end of stay cleans etc myself throughout the week rather than have them all on one day which would be impossible without employing people on a regular basis.

I do use people on a casual basis, but find that my liability insurance will triple if I have one other person doing this regularly. Has anyone else found this?

Cathy
and I thought I'd come here to retire....

http://www.varvacance.com
Giddy Goat

a mid-week changeover day!

Post by Giddy Goat »

It's a while since the last post to this thread, but thought I'd add my deux cents worth. We have Thursday changeover - only because our property managers were already spoken for on Fridays and Saturdays. This was our first season of letting, and I was a bit worried - but we've had no problems at all, and it's been a positive advantage to some travellers. The only down side is that without the possibility to be flexible on changeover days outside the main letting months, half-term bookings for example would be out of the question.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be