Rental Websites

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Euge

Rental Websites

Post by Euge »

Has anyone had experience of the following for French Rentals (number of enquiries/bookings/value for money)?:

holidaylettings.co.uk

franceonecall.com

cheznous.co.uk (Online only)?
New owners of converted barn. New to French Property scene....help!
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

holidaylettings.co.uk used to be very good for us, but the number of properties has increased so much that we don't get any enquiries any more. (It also used to be rather cheaper than it is now, so it was excellent value.)
We won't be renewing.
Also, since there is never a problem letting in high season, I have decided to renew only those sites which bring in off-peak bookings as well. Even when we got bookings from holidaylettings.co.uk they were not off-season.
Best,
Alexia.
Renaud

Post by Renaud »

franceonecall

I think they are called that because thats all I think you will get: one call.

This is part of the 'whereonearthgroup'. Simply 'Google' for them to see the mass of sites that this person generates in an attempt to give the impression that they are a big concern doing lots of business!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I came across a site a couple of weeks ago, that was identical in appearance to the old french connections site, very nostalgic. But I can't for the life of me remember the URL, and I forgot to bookmark it.
Euge

Rental Sites

Post by Euge »

Thanks for the help.
New owners of converted barn. New to French Property scene....help!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Helen,

Was it perhaps:-

http://www.vacationfrance.com/

Alan
aillis

Post by aillis »

Its bizarre an exact copy of the old french connections with which we used to get a lot of enquiries since the new version came in enquiries have dried up
Is this site any good?
paolo

Post by paolo »

If I've got this right - French Connections used to have a partnership with vacancesfrance.com, which to all appearances was FC in French. This site, vacationfrance.com, is the English language version of vacancesfrance.com, and it is still using the old French Connections look. Is that right?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

That's my understanding, too -- and if I recall correctly, Alan advertises on it and has good results. Is that right?
Brooke
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Brooke,

Yes, I am listed on Vacances France/Vacation France and I can confirm that the majority of my first-time enquiries and bookings this year have come via their sites. They are twin, English/French, sites but much smaller than HR and I think all the better for it. Size matters but not in everything.

In a year which has been quiet in respect of new enquiries, to describe any site's results as "good" would be bit of an exageration but VF was the best rental site for me. My repeat business outnumbered all other bookings from all others sources in total. All my bookings for 2006 so far, and I do have some, are also repeats.

Regards

Alan